HOW CAN MOISSANITE BE DISTINGUISHED FROM OTHER COLORLESS GEMSTONES?
There are five (5) methods:
- Determine if doubling of facet junctions is visible through magnification.
- Use a jeweler’s loupe to examine the girdle of the stone. Moissanite by Monte Lab Diamond stones approximately 4.0mm and larger are engraved on the girdle for easy identification.
- Examine for needle-like inclusions, typically perpendicular to the table facet, which are visible in moissanite under 10x loupe magnification.
- Examine for specific refractive and gravity indices.
- Have a trained gemologist or jeweler use a testing device specifically designed to distinguish moissanite from diamond.